New Contest 16 and under

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Contest 16 and under

Post  ForrestLondon on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:16 am

Some great stories here! Good luck to all of you!

ForrestLondon
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Who will judge

Post  trapper365 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:17 pm

I was wondering who will be the judges?

trapper365

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TrappingFox on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:50 pm

My fovorite trap is the Bridger #2. I like this trap becuase it has very strong springs and they dont lose there strenght for a VERY long time. This trap is good for fox, coyote, bobcat, and alot of other animals. The Bridger #2 also sets flatter then any other trap that i own. Bridger traps are all good though. I also use the trap for trapping nucience skunks in the summer, and next fall i will be useing the Bridger #2 along with some 1.5's for raccoon. When you do catch a fox or coyote this trap, it usaully does not cause any fur damage or broken bones. Therefor this trap is humane as well. If you want to you can also buy extra springs for the #2 Bridger and you can convert it into a four coil trap, but the two coil traps are still strong enough to hold onto the animal. I like how sensetive you can set the trigger to. They are usally center swiveled which is a bonous because I think that it really improves the stabability of the trap after you bed it. The price of these traps are not much more then a duke, but they are alot better quaility in my opinion. And this is just a few of the reasons why the Bridger #2 coil spring trap is my favorite trap...

Last edited by TrappingFox on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

TrappingFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I cant upload a pic

Post  TrappingFox on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:59 pm

sorry guys but i cant upload a pic so i e-mailed someone to put it up hopefully they get the email and it gets posted

TrappingFox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ray12 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:29 am

if they do not get the pics. up you can e-mail me the pics. or tex them to me Smile
ray12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Adding to my essay

Post  trapper365 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:26 pm

Sorry guys i didnt make my essay long enough. Here is the rest of it.

I also like the duke 1.5 because i can get people into trapping with it easier. If people think it is a lot of money to trap i tell them about the duke 1.5 and they are shocked at how low it costs to start trapping. The duke 1.5 is also easily adjustable to make it different furbearers. The last reason i like it is because i can fufill my addiction for less money.

trapper365

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Live Cage Trap

Post  mattmichels on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:40 pm

The large cage trap is my favorite trap of all because the use of the trap is so versatile. It can be used to trap various animals such as: opossums, coyotes, skunks, raccoons, bobcats, fox and coyotes. For example, this trap is good for trapping coyotes since it's year round. A good quality about this trap is that you can release non-target animals. Trapping coyotes with this trap helps prevent depletion of the deer population. The cage trap has good response time in different environmental conditions, and what makes it unique is that its homemade. The animal walks into the trap set off by the activation of the tension spring. An advantage of this trap is that you are able to see if it's a targeted animal being trapped. There is very little view obstruction and the animals feel less confined. The trap being homemade makes this very cost effective due to little or no repairs. The trigger on the trap is highly sensitive with a fast reaction time with the door causing few animals of escaping. The guillotine type door and it's locking position keeps the animal in the trap once its set off. What makes this my favorite trap is that its easy to use & very versatile. There is very little maintenance and upkeep of this trap. But the favorite thing I like about this trap is the variety of animals that can be trapped with it.

Last edited by mattmichels on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added picture)

mattmichels

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Who will judge.

Post  minnesotascott on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Well to start I was going to be the only judge. But, now judging will be done by everybody via a poll. If there is a tie I will break the tie.

minnesotascott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ray12 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Here are the pics. for trappingFox

TrappingFox wrote:My fovorite trap is the Bridger #2. I like this trap becuase it has very strong springs and they dont lose there strenght for a VERY long time. This trap is good for fox, coyote, bobcat, and alot of other animals. The Bridger #2 also sets flatter then any other trap that i own. Bridger traps are all good though. I also use the trap for trapping nucience skunks in the summer, and next fall i will be useing the Bridger #2 along with some 1.5's for raccoon. When you do catch a fox or coyote this trap, it usaully does not cause any fur damage or broken bones. Therefor this trap is humane as well. If you want to you can also buy extra springs for the #2 Bridger and you can convert it into a four coil trap, but the two coil traps are still strong enough to hold onto the animal. I like how sensetive you can set the trigger to. They are usally center swiveled which is a bonous because I think that it really improves the stabability of the trap after you bed it. The price of these traps are not much more then a duke, but they are alot better quaility in my opinion. And this is just a few of the reasons why the Bridger #2 coil spring trap is my favorite trap...

ray12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knewguuy on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:11 pm

The One and Only Trap
By
Ryan Houston

In my opinion, the Victor #2 coil spring regular or modified is one of the best all around traps and right now my favorite. It has become my favorite trap because when you are setting a creek, river, or beaver dam/pond you never know what will step in your trap. It could be a small muskrat up to a coyote or bobcat. Knowing many of you prefer the 1 ½ coil spring, I don’t. I am not saying this is a bad trap, but when you have a bobcat or coyote in a 1 ½ the chances of it getting out are much greater than if you used a #2. Another reason I like the #2 it that I live in big coyote county. Using a #2 increases my chances of getting the big money animals like bobcats and coyotes. The fur sale today averaged $600 on bobcats. To lose one would make me very upset .That is why the #2 is my favorite trap. I hope that what you just read was helpful and informative about my views of the #2 trap. I also hope that you might start to use the #2 as your regular grab-out-of-the-shed trap.

[/quote]

Knewguuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Jeepkids entry

Post  Jeepkid on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:03 pm

Hi my name is Tyler Snelling. Im 8 and have been going with my dad trapping. We got 2 bobcats 4 grey fox and 1 coon. I cant set my own traps yet because im still too small. I like trapping because its fun to catch something. I never know whats in the trap till me and my dad get to the trap. I cant wait until next year.
Just to let you know my dad says if I win and use the stuff from the contest I get the money from what ever I get in my traps this year. Even if he has to open the trap for me and help with the set. Thank you to minnscott for helping me with reposting my entry. Tyler Snelling (Jeepkid)
_preview.php?i=2&u=16303277][/url]

Last edited by Jeepkid on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:51 am; edited 3 times in total

Jeepkid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trapping Levi on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:01 pm

My favorite trap is the Montgomery 1 ½ Coil Spring. I like to use it for fox or raccoons. To catch the fox I like to use the 1 ½ coil spring with either the dirt hole or the hay set, and for my bait the Epler Brand Red Fox Urine or Red Hot Red usually works pretty good for me. To catch raccoons I usually put the 1 ½ coil [code]spring at a log with marshmallows or bacon grease as my bait. I don’t really know how good the 1 ½ coil spring trap works in the water because I don’t trap water animals, but I do know that it works really good on land and is also a trap that usually gets a good catch. This trap catches a variety of animals other than fox and raccoons but my main targets are the fox and raccoon. Montgomery trap are no longer made they stopped making them in 1983. They where made in Mahaffey, PA Pennsylvania is my home state so maybe thats why I like the that trap.

[img][/img]

Trapping Levi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mnifoxer on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:29 pm

The best and most commonly used trap in my oppinion, is the size #2 in any brand, although the Duke brand is what i use alot of. The #2 is a very good multi animal trap. It has been used quite effectively on red and gray fox, coyote, coon, lnyx, otter, bobcat and can be used for front foot catches on beaver. This size trap can not only be used effectivly on the larger animals, but it is very easy and humane on the smaller sized furbears as well. Im not saying that everyone should buy and use the #2 because of the different wheather, terrain and different furbears trappers trap. But in my honest oppinion the #2 fits most of the different terrain, wheather and furbears most trappers target. Also (espiecally the older victor #2s) make great mink and 'rat traps as well. All trappers have there own oppinion in this matter i think it boiles down to personal preference, and what works best for you and your area.

ps. sorry i have no pictures! And, im not sure if the essay is 300 words or not Crying or Very sad
mnifoxer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  minnesotascott on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:32 am

CONTEST ENDS AT 9 P.M. CST TONIGHT![b]

minnesotascott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  minnesotascott on Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:11 pm

mnifoxer wrote:The best and most commonly used trap in my oppinion, is the size #2 in any brand, although the Duke brand is what i use alot of. The #2 is a very good multi animal trap. It has been used quite effectively on red and gray fox, coyote, coon, lnyx, otter, bobcat and can be used for front foot catches on beaver. This size trap can not only be used effectivly on the larger animals, but it is very easy and humane on the smaller sized furbears as well. Im not saying that everyone should buy and use the #2 because of the different wheather, terrain and different furbears trappers trap. But in my honest oppinion the #2 fits most of the different terrain, wheather and furbears most trappers target. Also (espiecally the older victor #2s) make great mink and 'rat traps as well. All trappers have there own oppinion in this matter i think it boiles down to personal preference, and what works best for you and your area.

ps. sorry i have no pictures! And, im not sure if the essay is 300 words or not Crying or Very sad

minnesotascott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  minnesotascott on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:27 pm

[b]CONTEST IS DONE, TIME HAS RUN OUT.

minnesotascott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  minnesotascott on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:29 pm

I will be making a Poll for everybody to vote. The poll will list the contestants. This poll will close at 9 p.m. cst Monday the 21st.

I know I said there would be 1st and 2nd place, but with the amount of prizes there will be a 3rd place also.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Vote here

http://youngtrappers.team-talk.net/t74-vote-kids-contest-march2-18-continuded

minnesotascott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  M5 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:16 pm

everyone of the enterys are very good good luck to you all

M5

View user profile

Back to top Go down