New Contest 16 and under

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Contest 16 and under

Post  minnesotascott on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:20 pm

1 pictures of you setting you favorite trap. And also a little essay why it is your favorite trap. This essay 200 words not more than 300. Contest ends the 18th of this month.

2 prizes, the winners will get a mix of:
1 1oz bottle Of Blue Magic, canine lure
1 1oz bottle of Coon Candy, coon lure
1 1oz bottle of Buck Tooth, beaver lure
1 4oz bottle of Red Thunder, red fox power urine
1 Pint jar of Last Dance K-9 bait from Moragn's Lure
2 1 oz Bottles of Swampdog coyote lure from Morgan's Lures
2 Used colony traps, very good shape. Donated by Mohawktrapper
1 MB450, brand new, Donated by Jerry Herbst aka Law Dog
6 Fox sized snares, Donated by Jerry Herbst aka Law Dog

All lures are from Grandpa JaKes Lures and Morgan's Lures
www.grandpajakeslures.com
http://morganlures.yolasite.com/

THERE WILL BE A 1ST AND 2ND PLACE!

Last edited by minnesotascott on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:42 pm; edited 12 times in total

minnesotascott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Contest 16 and under

Post  nathany93 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:34 pm

im to old...17
nathany93

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LA_Bait_Company on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:07 pm

My favorite trap is the Herters # 1 1/2 coil spring trap.It can be a very good trap for mink because of its pan.I like it for coon, mink, and muskrats.I love this trap infront of pocket sets baited preferably with Shellfish Surprise.These traps are also made with thick steel like if you compare a Duke spring pin holder to a Herters, you will notice the difference.The spri9ngs do get weak fast for some reason so your will have to buy replacements, but it is good to take care of your traps.I also think that Herters history is very interesting so I find out the most I can.Herters is no longer in business either.I wish someone would have bought them and kept making the #1 1/2's.They are also fairly cheap when found at conventions so that is another plus.The Herters #1 1/2's are also only good with square pans and not when they have been cut down in my opinion.Truely I love this trap and if you don't believe me you should have seen my birthday cake.Haha.

View My Video

LA_Bait_Company

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  minnesotascott on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:30 pm

Do you have a picture of your cake?

minnesotascott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LA_Bait_Company on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:20 pm

LA_Bait_Company

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Here we Go

Post  Knewguuy on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:39 pm

The One and Only Trap
By
Ryan Houston

In my opinion, the Victor #2 coil spring regular or modified is one of the best all around traps and right now my favorite. It has become my favorite trap because when you are setting a creek, river, or beaver dam/pond you never know what will step in your trap. It could be a small muskrat up to a coyote or bobcat. Knowing many of you prefer the 1 ½ coil spring, I don’t. I am not saying this is a bad trap, but when you have a bobcat or coyote in a 1 ½ the chances of it getting out are much greater than if you used a #2. Another reason I like the #2 it that I live in big coyote county. Using a #2 increases my chances of getting the big money animals like bobcats and coyotes. The fur sale today averaged $600 on bobcats. To lose one would make me very upset .That is why the #2 is my favorite trap. I hope that what you just read was helpful and informative about my views of the #2 trap. I also hope that you might start to use the #2 as your regular grab-out-of-the-shed trap.

Hey Minnisotascott it wont let me load a picture on here so can i send it to you through trapperman and you can put it on here?

Knewguuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  minnesotascott on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:40 am

Knewguuy wrote:The One and Only Trap
By
Ryan Houston

In my opinion, the Victor #2 coil spring regular or modified is one of the best all around traps and right now my favorite. It has become my favorite trap because when you are setting a creek, river, or beaver dam/pond you never know what will step in your trap. It could be a small muskrat up to a coyote or bobcat. Knowing many of you prefer the 1 ½ coil spring, I don’t. I am not saying this is a bad trap, but when you have a bobcat or coyote in a 1 ½ the chances of it getting out are much greater than if you used a #2. Another reason I like the #2 it that I live in big coyote county. Using a #2 increases my chances of getting the big money animals like bobcats and coyotes. The fur sale today averaged $600 on bobcats. To lose one would make me very upset .That is why the #2 is my favorite trap. I hope that what you just read was helpful and informative about my views of the #2 trap. I also hope that you might start to use the #2 as your regular grab-out-of-the-shed trap.

Hey Minnisotascott it wont let me load a picture on here so can i send it to you through trapperman and you can put it on here?

Yes you may.

minnesotascott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Minnscott?

Post  Knewguuy on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:56 am

Is your name on trapperman minnscott?

Knewguuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ray12 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:48 pm

My fav. trap has got to be the duke 1.5 it is a great trap for possum,coon,fox,muskrat,mink and can hold coyotes (but do not try to target yotes with these traps). another reason i like this trap is because they have STRONG springs some people say the duke 1.5 cs trap has stronger springs than most #2 size traps,so the Duke 1.5s will have a tight grip on whatever steps on the trap pan. These here traps are also sold for a veary cheap price i can buy 2 duke 1.5s for the same price of 1 victor 1.5,so you can have double the traps for the same price!!

Here are a few pics. of the trap

here is a set i made with a duke 1.5 for fox/coon

Thank you for putting up this contest!!!!

Last edited by ray12 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
ray12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  minnesotascott on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Pictures i promised to post for knewguy.

minnesotascott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lilcoon on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:55 am

I really like the #110 victor body grip trap this in a really good trap for mink/muskrats. they strong traps but are easy to set and you can buy them really cheap..the trap always gets muskrats just behind the head to make a quick kill.

Here is a pic. of a vic.#110 (my brother ray12 caught this here muskrat. i did not have another pic. of a #110)

lilcoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  minnesotascott on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:01 am

Knewguuy wrote:Is your name on trapperman minnscott?

that be me!

Keep em coming guys, doing very well.

minnesotascott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Levi Taylor on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:11 pm

No questions asked, my favorite trap is the Sleepy Creek 1.75 for a couple reasons. Number one would have to be its versatility. It's a killer on yote and fox, but is also awsome on any coon that happens to stumble into it. Even though it may sound like a stretch, this trap is also suitable for beaver if you didn't have anything else. My second reason would have to be its spring streangth. These traps have crazy strong springs and when even compared to my MB-550's, I still think they are stronger. You can bet that if a yote or any other animal steps on the pan it will be waiting there for you in the morning. Another key reason I love this trap is how it comes center swivled with a little beefer baseplate. Being that it is already center swivled means less time in the trap shed and more time out on the line. I also thinks it makes it easier to bed the trap solid. While the baseplate it comes with isn't 3/16, it's better then nothing. This baseplate also helps the trap stand up to abuse of tough fighting yotes. The last reason this is my favorite trap is cost. It is a very reasonibaly priced trap which makes me happy. While it does cost twice the amount as a duke I find it worth it. I think this trap will be my favorite for a very long time.
My pictures will be up as soon as I send them to Ray12. Thanks again Ray.

Levi Taylor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The best trap for a beginner.

Post  trapper365 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:34 pm

My favorite trap and the best trap in my opinion for the money is the duke 1.5. It is my favorite trap because i don't have a bunch of money to spend on trapping supplies so this is the best for my money. It is a very versatile trap and can be used on land and water trapping. It will hold mink muskrat fox coon and coyote to a point, so in my woods it pretty much catches everything. The trap is also great because it has the swivel on all stock models which is great because you can use cable to tie it off in water and stakes on land. In my opinion the duke 1.5 is my best trap for the money.

trapper365

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can't post picture

Post  trapper365 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:47 pm

Sorry guys but i cant upload a picture of my traps. Photobucket wont let me create an account because im under 18 same with all the other photo websites so sorry.

trapper365

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  minnesotascott on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:39 pm

trapper365 wrote:Sorry guys but i cant upload a picture of my traps. Photobucket wont let me create an account because im under 18 same with all the other photo websites so sorry.

Email your pictures to me at

ttocshere@yahoo.com

minnesotascott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  minnesotascott on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:21 pm

Update Prize list.

minnesotascott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  happersilderness on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:33 pm

I choose the Bridger #2 cause it is a strong trap and it is good for many critters. It would be a great water trap cause it will catch all critters that come to investigate. It will hold a beaver by the front foot. Will hold an otter that comes by also. Will hold your muskrats, coon and mink. It is one of the most versatile land footholds also. They will hold a mean yote. There good for bobcat. If you wanted to you could use it as a bodygrip for squirrel. Just smear some peanut butter on the pan drop some corn and it will catch it around the neck. On a trapline versatility is key, and these are on the most versatile traps out there. If you want to you could remove one spring and lever and use it as a weasel trap. So in my opinion the Bridger #2 is one of the best traps out there.

happersilderness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ray12 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:30 pm

Here are the pics. i promised for Levi Taylor

ray12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ray12 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:34 pm

trapper365 wrote:Sorry guys but i cant upload a picture of my traps. Photobucket wont let me create an account because im under 18 same with all the other photo websites so sorry.

I was 12 when i got my photo bucket account i just said i was 18 Laughing

If you do not want to do that you can tx me the pics or e-mail them to me

PM me for the numbers
ray12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ray12 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:44 pm

Is there going to be a 1st and a 2nd place winner ??

if so what does the 1st place winner get and what does the 2nd place winner get??
ray12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  minnesotascott on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:56 pm

I am working on that Ray, but it will be fair.

minnesotascott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ray12 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Ok thanks
ray12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ray12 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Here is the pic. for trapper365

Good luck Cool
ray12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  minnesotascott on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:37 pm

happersilderness wrote:I choose the Bridger #2 cause it is a strong trap and it is good for many critters. It would be a great water trap cause it will catch all critters that come to investigate. It will hold a beaver by the front foot. Will hold an otter that comes by also. Will hold your muskrats, coon and mink. It is one of the most versatile land footholds also. They will hold a mean yote. There good for bobcat. If you wanted to you could use it as a bodygrip for squirrel. Just smear some peanut butter on the pan drop some corn and it will catch it around the neck. On a trapline versatility is key, and these are on the most versatile traps out there. If you want to you could remove one spring and lever and use it as a weasel trap. So in my opinion the Bridger #2 is one of the best traps out there.

Happer could not post his picture, so i did it for him.

minnesotascott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top